Mebex 100mg - The Infection I Brought Back From Vietnam Without Knowing It

Started by novalewis726, Sep 16, 2026, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novalewis726

I returned from three weeks in Vietnam feeling well. Six weeks later the symptoms arrived persistent abdominal cramping, bloating, fatigue, and a dry cough that I attributed to post-travel respiratory irritation. My GP treated each symptom separately for two months without improvement. A travel medicine specialist I saw at month three ordered a comprehensive stool test immediately after asking about my travel and specifically what I had eaten. Roundworm infection confirmed acquired through contaminated food during the trip. She prescribed Mebex 100mg (Mebendazole) twice daily for three days. By day six after completing the course the symptoms that had been present for three months were clearing rapidly. By day ten completely resolved. Three months of post-travel symptoms ended by three days of treatment. Tell your doctor where you have been and what you ate. It is the information that finds the diagnosis.